For Associate Professorship and Full Professorship
1. For pre-evaluation;
Candidates for the Associate Professor and full Professor positions will apply with their curriculum vitae, list of publications and information form to their Department Chairperson.
2. Applicants who fulfill the General Requirements will apply to the Presidency in person with an application letter and a dossier, contents of which are stated below to start their official procedures.* Applicants for the full Professorship position will submit the below-mentioned documents in 6 separate dossiers, and applicants for the Associate Professorship position will submit the below-mentioned documents in 4 separate dossiers, with a letter of application addressed to the Presidency.
- Curriculum vitae and list of publications
- Certified diploma / certificate copies (If the applicant applies to Personnel Affairs with the original Bachelor's, Master's, and PhD diplomas and Associate Professorship certificate the copies will be authenticated by Personnel Affairs.)
- Certified Language Test Result (KPDS, ÜDS, TOEFL, etc.)
- Scientific Work
*Applicants for the full Professorship position will state their major research works in the application letter and within their dossier.
3. Applications will be evaluated by the Presidency.
4. The jury members who will evaluate applicants for the Associate Professor position will be assigned by the Presidency. Jury members who will evaluate applicants for the full Professorship position will be assigned by the University Administrative Board.
5. The dossiers which have been submitted during applications will be sent by Personnel Affairs to the jury members.
6. The jury Members will send their reports about the applicants directly to the President of the University.
7. The Vice-President will forward the applications to the University Administrative Board.
8. The University Administrative Board will make a decision concerning the promotion.
9. Personnel Affairs will notify the Higher Education Council, the applicant and the Dean's Office/Graduate School of the applicant's promotion. The university systems will be updated accordingly.
10. As the contracts are renewed annually, promotions within the fiscal year will not result in a raise in salary. The new salary will be processed the following year.